- 1/2 cup room temp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp dried lavender
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 8 oz room temp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp room temp butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, lavender and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-to-high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, honey and vanilla; beat until combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition until mixture is combined.
- Spoon the batter into lined muffin tins, filling each about half full.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Keep the cupcakes in the muffin tin and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from muffin tins.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, honey and vanilla with the mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 cup of the powdered sugar, beating well.
- Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar until it reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost the completely cooled cupcakes with the honey frosting.
- Sprinkle with more lavender.
Recipe by Patricia Burrett.